We are looking for a product designer to lead design work across Alva. You will be involved in every aspect of product development: from brainstorming the next big idea to tweaking buttons just before launch. This position is full-time and based in Stockholm, Sweden
Even if this role does not apply completely to you, we'd love to see your application and get to know you.
Alva is making hiring better for everyone
Alva is a platform to make better hiring decisions. We combine established psychology with the latest technology to build more dynamic and diverse teams.
We are loved by recruiters and our users. We help them to be more effective, fair and objective when assessing candidates and focusing on what really matters. Our current NPS is 59
We help thousands of candidates to take more control over their own hiring process. The changes you make will help people in one of their most important decisions in their lives.
We are growing ~3x per year and are in the exciting phase to launch Alva in new markets. Our current clients consists of everything between exciting start-ups, to large enterprises.
Why is this role important for us
Design is not just a part of Alva, but baked into every step of the way how we build our products and services. For us, designers are able to identify the right problems, evaluate and come up with the right solutions and articulate ways to build the right thing.
At Alva, product designers bridge science and engineering into elegant solutions and easy-to-use products.
As a Product Designer at Alva, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process: from definition and ideation to a last-minute-check and iteration.
What will you do
- Generate new concepts quickly based on stakeholder direction, self-driven research or emerging customer needs. Together with the Head of Product you will define the problem, goal and context of your work.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into sketches, wireframes and detailed prototypes. You will identify the right formats, resolutions and fidelities for your work according to the right step.
- Partner with other designers and engineers to oversee the user experience of new features and products from conception until launch (and then some). You will Act as a leader within the Product team, collaborating with other designers, engineers and team members across the company
- Think at a high level about product strategy and vision (not just 'how it should look' but 'what we should build'). You will build product knowledge in your area and Frame you work on how it relates to the long-term goals of your product
- Own your time and be organized: Know what and why things are important. You will work with others to get unstuck: you will drive the team and draw how to resolve dependencies and have progress.
Who you are:
- You have experience shipping products: You know how to take design decisions considering the scope. You can define specifications and expected behaviors and fine-tune it until launch.
- You know how to apply and maintain design language into different platforms: from emails to native apps.
- You know how to listen and engage with customers in the real world. You know how to turn research into action.
- You are thoughtful and intentional about design decisions: you can articulate what you do, why you do it and pay attention to details.
- You know how to map experiences, journeys and organizing information. You know how to investigate and evaluate different tools to map an experience.
- The working language at Alva is English.
- Swedish is not a requirement for this position.
Why you should join our team:
- This is and will be one of the biggest shifts within the digitization of HR and People operations.
- We work very close to our customers and their recruiting teams: what you do has a great impact on our customers and how they operate their business.
- We focus on personal development as much as high-performance. Our culture values and thrives on being flexible, transparent and ambitious.