Engineering Lead to Alva Labs
Want to be a part of building a modern tech product that reaches thousands of users every week? Alva Labs is looking for a senior engineer with management experience to join our team, lead a team of engineers, and lead the work for a subpart of the product. Come and help us shape the companies of tomorrow.
Alva in a nutshell
Alva Labs offers a SaaS solution that is helping global companies grow their team in a scientific way. Alva has created a unique candidate assessment platform that helps companies build their organizations with the right people in the right place. By combining state-of-the-art psychometrics, data science, and an obsession with candidate experience, it provides the needed tool for data-driven talent acquisition. We are currently 50 employees, representing over 15 different nationalities.
We are growing 2-3x per year and are in the exciting phase to launch Alva in new markets. Our current client stock consists of everything from local start-ups to global enterprises.
Why is this role important to us
We are a product company, and our product is the heart and soul of our company. In order to grow our engineering team efficiently, attracting more experienced engineers that can be part of leading the growth of both the team and our software architecture is very important for us. As we now enter a new phase of our journey we will focus more on Product Lead Growth and expansion to new markets. You will be a key component in making that phase (and all the coming ones) a success.
What will you do
- You will take on the leadership role and own the workstream for a section of the product.
- Work as a full-stack engineer and be part of our engineering team’s day-to-day work. The system that you will be working with is described in more detail here.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers on the team to build a reliable product that solves our customers’ problems. You will act as a leader within the engineering team and will help other engineers develop.
- Drive technical discussions about, and technical discovery of, changes and new improvements to our product.
- Contribute with your broad technical knowledge to impact both the way we work and our software architecture.
Who are you
- A humble leader.
- A master of turning complex problems into solutions that breathe simplicity.
- Ambitious and goal striving.
- A prestigeless team player.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge to help other members of the team improve their engineering skills.
What have you done before
You are an experienced software engineer and have a broad knowledge of building distributed systems. You have led the workstream for development for a system, preferably a distributed system similar to ours. You have a history of raising the bar for performance, both for yourself and for others.
Why you should join our team
We believe that our system is a fun and rewarding system to work with. Combined with a team of humble and high-performing engineers, we believe that Alva is a good environment to improve and develop one's skills in building well-structured, distributed, and event-driven systems.
You will get 7 weeks of vacation, an on-market salary, a generous preventive care benefit, and a few other neat perks. You can read all about our benefits here and our company values here.
Welcome to Alva!